Mothers think a lot, when it comes to giving right nutrition to her baby. And she
also has many questions like:
- What is the right time to introduce solids to my baby?
- What food a give to my 6 months baby?
- Is this food safe to give to my baby?
- For how long should I continue breast milk?
- Why my child is not gaining weight?
To solve the dilemma of new mothers, here is a food chart which can be referred for your baby’s healthy diet.
Breast milk is the best source for providing all nutrients required for the growth of the baby at least for 6 months of age. And it should be continued till your baby
demands for it.
However, if you think your baby is ready, you can introduce solid food along with
breast milk from 4 months of age.
4 Months – 12 Months Food Chart
Tips for introducing new food to your baby. Whenever you introduce new food to your baby, follow 4 days wait technique, i.e., Do not introduce any other new food to your baby.
- Start slowly, one new food at a time in small quantity (1tsp).
- Introduce new food in the morning or early afternoon hours. Do not try new food late in the evening or night. Trying new food at night can cause gases in your baby.
- Discuss with your paediatrician before introducing new food to your baby.
Food to avoid which may cause gases to your baby
- Citrus fruits
- Watch out for food items which could be allergic for your baby Below is the list of some common items which could be allergic.
Toddler Food Chart
- Certain kind of fish
- These food plans are based on average needs. Your child may need more or
- less depending on his/her requirement.
- Do not force your child to eat exact quantity. Let your child decide.
- Do not get worried if your child eats more quantity on one day and less on
- another. The appetite of your child can vary from day to day.>
- Most importantly, your child should be happy in whatever food he/she eats for a healthy growth.