Hand and Foot mouth Infection
Hand-Foot and Mouth disease is a contagious infection which is caused by a virus. It is common in younger children, especially under the age of 5 years. The infection usually lasts for 3-6 days but may take longer.
Also, this infection is more commonly found in child care centres.
- Sore throat
- Feeling of being unwell
- Painful, red, blister-like lesions on the tongue, gums and inside of the cheeks
- A red rash, without itching but sometimes with blistering, on the palms, soles and sometimes the buttocks
- Irritability in infants and toddlers
- Loss of appetite
It is caused by Virus named coxsackievirus.
How to Prevent It
You can teach certain prevention to your child to prevent this infection
- Wash hand regularly especially after coming from outside, using washrooms etc
- Teach good hygiene to your kids like how to keep themselves clean and do not put any objects or fingers into their mouth.
- Keep away from people who are suffering from this infection.