Kidney dialysis is a medical procedure performed when the kidneys are unable to function properly, leading to a buildup of waste products and excess fluid in the blood. This procedure involves redirecting the blood to a specialized machine that effectively cleanses it by removing the accumulated waste and excess fluid.
When the kidneys are unable to function properly due to illness or injury, kidney dialysis serves as a crucial method to sustain the body's operations. Kidney failure reasons attribute to the situation when the kidneys operate at a mere 10% to 15% of their normal capacity. In the absence of kidney dialysis, the blood accumulates excessive salts and waste products, which can lead to harm in various organs within the body.
Best Kidney Dialysis Center in Noida
Felix Hospital is the premier destination for kidney dialysis treatment in Noida. Renowned for its excellence, the hospital boasts a team of highly skilled medical professionals committed to providing exceptional care and expertise. Equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and cutting-edge technology, Felix Hospital ensures precise and effective dialysis procedures. Our compassionate staff understands the challenges faced by individuals undergoing dialysis and goes the extra mile to provide comfort and support throughout the treatment journey. Patients can feel reassured knowing that they are in capable hands and will receive personalized attention tailored to their specific needs. When it comes to finding the best kidney dialysis center near me, choose Felix Hospital with confidence and take a step towards better kidney health today.
Why Choose Felix Hospital?
- Expertise: Our team of highly skilled medical professionals specializes in kidney dialysis and all other kidney-related diseases. Their expertise ensures that you receive the best possible care and the finest kidney dialysis treatment for your condition.
- Comprehensive Care: We offer comprehensive care for various kidney dialysis procedure, ranging from an accurate diagnosis to personalized treatment plans. Our healthcare professionals work closely with you to develop a tailored approach that addresses your specific needs and concerns based on your specific kidney failure reasons.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: Felix Hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge medical technology. We constantly update our equipment to ensure accurate diagnosis and effective treatment. Our commitment to innovation enables us to deliver the highest quality care to our patients. Your search for kidney dialysis near me ends right here at Felix Hospital.
- Patient-Centered Approach: We recognize the unique challenges faced by individuals undergoing kidney dialysis treatment. With a patient-centered approach, our dedicated team is committed to providing compassionate care, tailored to your needs. We prioritize your comfort, support, and overall satisfaction throughout your kidney dialysis journey, ensuring your well-being remains at the forefront of our care.
- Safety and Hygiene: We maintain stringent safety protocols to ensure your utmost safety during kidney dialysis. Our strict adherence to these measures establishes a clean and hygienic environment, significantly reducing the risk of infections and other potential kidney complications. With our steadfast commitment to safety, you can confidently undergo dialysis knowing that your health and well-being are protected.
- Holistic Support: We believe in providing holistic support to our kidney dialysis patients. Along with kidney dialysis treatment, we offer counseling, education, and resources to empower you and your loved ones. We aim to enhance your overall well-being and improve your quality of life.
- Convenience: We understand the importance of convenience in managing every kind of kidney dialysis procedure. That's why we offer flexible scheduling options, making it easier for you to include kidney dialysis treatment in your daily routine. Our goal is to minimize disruptions and help you maintain a balanced lifestyle.
Kidney Dialysis Services offered by Felix Hospital
Full-Range Dialysis Services: We offer a complete range of kidney dialysis services to cater to the unique needs of our patients. Whether you require hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis, our experienced team is equipped to provide you with the highest standard of care. Our state-of-the-art dialysis units are designed to deliver accurate and effective treatment. Land your search to the perfect destination by simply opting for Felix Hospital while choosing the best kidney dialysis near me.
- Comprehensive Management: At Felix Hospital, we specialize in the management of various kidney diseases, including diabetes and hypertension-related kidney issues, acute kidney injury, chronic kidney diseases, electrolyte disturbances, dialysis, and its associated kidney complications, which may further lead to the need for kidney dialysis. Our experienced medical professionals provide comprehensive care to address the unique needs of each patient, as well as care for your pocket by saving you from high kidney dialysis cost.
- Specialized Care for End-Stage Kidney Complications: For patients with end-stage kidney complications, we provide specialized kidney dialysis procedures. Our committed team collaborates directly with you to create individualized kidney dialysis treatment plans that cater to your particular needs. We aim to enhance your quality of life and provide comprehensive support during this critical stage, so we are your preferred choice for kidney dialysis near me.
- Advanced Diagnostic Imaging: To ensure accurate diagnosis and effective kidney dialysis treatment, we utilize advanced imaging technologies such as real-time ultrasound guidance, X-ray, and CT scans. These diagnostic tools allow us to assess kidney conditions and trace kidney failure reasons with precision, enabling us to tailor the treatment or surgical procedures to your individual needs, besides keeping in mind to provide you with the most affordable and budget-friendly kidney dialysis cost.
- 24/7 Blood Bank Availability: At Felix Hospital, we prioritize patient safety and ensure the availability of a 24/7 blood bank. To ensure a seamless dialysis experience, we maintain a 24/7 blood bank with a ready supply of blood products. This availability ensures immediate access to blood if needed, enhancing the safety and efficiency of your dialysis treatments. This adds up to one of the most obvious reasons behind Felix Hospital being chosen as the best kidney dialysis center near me.
Who Needs dialysis?
Kidney dialysis is a crucial treatment that is done for the following types of kidney conditions:
End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD): This condition is referred to when kidney function has decreased by between 85 and 90% and kidney failure is on the brink. In order to perform critical kidney functions, such as removing waste materials and surplus fluid from the body, dialysis becomes necessary during this stage.
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI): An acute kidney injury occurs when the kidneys suddenly lose their capacity to function severely. Kidney dialysis may be required in situations where the kidneys are unable to effectively filter waste and toxins from the blood, preventing the buildup of dangerous chemicals.
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD): Kidney dialysis may be necessary to make up for the kidneys' reduced ability to filter waste and maintain fluid balance in advanced stages of chronic kidney disease, which is characterized by severely impaired kidney function, which may further lead to kidney failure.
- Diabetic Nephropathy: Kidney disease is primarily brought on by diabetes. Kidney dialysis may be required to manage kidney damage due to diabetic nephropathy, which is a kidney disease brought on by diabetes.
- Hypertensive Nephropathy: High blood pressure that is unchecked or improperly managed can gradually damage the kidneys. Kidney failure brought on by hypertensive nephropathy may eventually require dialysis as a therapy option.
- Electrolyte Imbalance: In some circumstances, significant electrolyte imbalances, such as increased potassium levels (hyperkalemia) or disturbances in other vital minerals, may necessitate dialysis in order to restore normal electrolyte levels and avoid related consequences, such as kidney failure.
Types of kidney dialysis
- Depending on the patient's condition and specific needs, there are the following types of kidney dialysis:
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
Hemodialysis is a commonly utilized form of kidney dialysis. It employs a dialyzer machine to purify the blood by eliminating waste substances and excess fluids. The blood is extracted from the patient's body, passed through the dialyzer for cleansing, and then returned. Typically, hemodialysis sessions are conducted thrice weekly at dedicated medical facilities. Vascular access, established through an arteriovenous fistula or catheter, is necessary for the procedure. The duration and frequency of treatments are customized based on individual requirements. Qualified healthcare professionals, such as nephrologists and dialysis nurses, supervise hemodialysis in specialized centers or hospitals.
Peritoneal dialysis is an alternative kidney dialysis method used to manage kidney failure. It harnesses the peritoneal membrane, which encloses the abdominal cavity, as a natural filtration system. Through a catheter, a sterile solution called dialysate is introduced into the abdomen. The peritoneal membrane facilitates the transfer of waste products and excess fluid from the bloodstream into the dialysate. Subsequently, the used dialysate is drained out, effectively eliminating the accumulated waste from the body. Peritoneal dialysis offers the convenience of being performed at home, granting patients greater flexibility in terms of treatment scheduling and lifestyle. However, regular monitoring and support from healthcare professionals are essential to ensure proper adjustment and maintenance of kidney dialysis treatment.
Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) is a specialized kidney dialysis procedure commonly employed in intensive care units (ICUs) to manage patients with acute kidney injury, also known as acute kidney failure and related kidney complications. CRRT is designed to replicate the natural functioning of the kidneys in a slow and continuous manner. It utilizes a specialized machine that constantly filters the patient's blood, efficiently eliminating waste products and excess fluids. CRRT is particularly advantageous for critically ill individuals as it promotes superior hemodynamic stability compared to other dialysis approaches. The therapy is carried out under the watchful supervision of healthcare professionals, who tailor the kidney dialysis treatment to meet the unique condition and requirements of each patient.
Risks of dialysis
- Hypotension: Kidney dialysis can lead to a decrease in blood pressure, potentially causing symptoms like lightheadedness, queasiness, and tiredness.
- Muscle discomfort: Certain individuals may encounter muscle discomfort during or after the kidney dialysis procedure.
- Risk of infection: There is a possibility of infection at the location where vascular access is established, such as the catheter or fistula utilized for kidney dialysis.
- Increased bleeding risk: Kidney dialysis can potentially heighten the risk of bleeding, especially in patients who are taking blood-thinning medications.
- Anemia: Kidney dialysis and chronic kidney disease can contribute to the development or exacerbation of anemia, which may necessitate additional treatment.
- Fluid imbalance: Inadequate removal of fluid during kidney dialysis can result in fluid imbalance, leading to symptoms such as swelling and breathing difficulties.
- Electrolyte disturbances: Kidney dialysis can disrupt the balance of electrolytes in the body, necessitating careful monitoring and management.
- Sleep disruptions: Some patients may experience disturbances in their sleep patterns related to kidney dialysis treatments.
- Complications with vascular access: Challenges associated with the vascular access site, such as infection, clotting, or narrowing of blood vessels, can arise.
- Potential long-term complications: Prolonged reliance on kidney dialysis can give rise to potential long-term complications, including cardiovascular ailments and bone-related issues.
Prevention of Kidney dialysis
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle with a well-balanced diet that is low in sodium, saturated fats, and cholesterol.
- Ensure optimal hydration by consuming an adequate amount of water throughout the day, which aids in kidney function.
- Monitor and manage blood pressure effectively through regular check-ups, adopting a low-sodium diet, and engaging in exercise.
- Manage blood sugar levels through prescribed medications, dietary modifications, regular physical activity, and diligent monitoring.
- Exercise caution when using over-the-counter medications, as prolonged use may potentially harm the kidneys.
- Reduce the risk of kidney disease and prevent the deterioration of existing conditions by refraining from smoking.
- Schedule regular appointments with healthcare professionals to monitor kidney function and overall health.