Tooth decay and cavities are one of the world’s most common problem. It is softening of the tooth enamel which damages the structure of the tooth. It is caused by acids when plaque bacteria break down sugar in your mouth. If left untreated a cavity occurs due to the loss of minerals.
Tooth decay can happen to anyone from babies to elderly people. Bottle-fed babies are at a higher risk.
Some of the common signs include-
- Sharp pain
- Toothache while eating or drinking sweet, hot or cold
- Tooth sensitivity
- Swelling around the tooth
- Grey, Black or brown spots on teeth
- Visible holes or pits in your teeth
- Bad breath
Cavities are caused when food gets trapped inside your teeth and is not completely removed from brushing. Some of the major causes of tooth decay and cavity are –
- Poor Oral Hygiene – Not brushing or wrong brushing techniques can lead to formation of plaque which further results in loss of enamel. Thus, maintaining good oral hygiene is important.
- Plaque formation
- Eating and drinking sugary items
- Tooth Decay
- Grinding once teeth
- Bacteria and acid – When they increase in your mouth
- Dry mouth
- Medical Problem
- An abscessed tooth or damaged filling
How to Prevent It
Tips to prevent tooth decay/cavities
- Tips to prevent tooth decay/cavities
- Have good oral hygiene – Brush at least twice a day.
- Regular check-ups with your dentist
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet
- Avoid food items which are acidic in nature
- Reduce your sugar intake
- Quit smoking and alcohol
At Felix Hospital, we offer holistic care to our patients and it is one of the best centres for oral health care in Noida. We have speciality service available for endodontics, pedodontics, orthodontics