Ureteral stones are kidney stones that form out of mineral mass which gets stuck in one or both ureters (the tubes that carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder).
We have best nephrologist specialist at Felix hospital to guide and take care of you for any problems related to stone in the ureter.
- Severe and intermittent pain in the back, under the lower ribs that can radiate to lower abdomen
Family History and metabolic disorder are two most common causes for Ureter Stones.
The other reason includes –
- Insufficient amount of fluid intake
- Other medical conditions
- Hormonal Imbalance – Too much calcium can result in formation of stones
How to Prevent It
- Drink more fluids like water, juices etc, minimum 8-10 glass in a day.
- Oxalate food items like spinach, nuts, wheat bran should be consumed in limited quantity
- Limit intake of animal protein in meat, eggs, fish
- Consumption of sodium should be less than 1500mg/day