Xerosis refers to any dry, rough, cracked or scaly skin occurring almost anywhere on the body such as the arms, face and legs.
- Dry skin with causes roughness of the skin
- Redness of skin
- Fine cracks on the skin
- Flaky Skin – looks like fine dust
- Cold weather
- Deficiency of natural moisturising factors(NMFs) like lactate, PCA, Salt and Sugar
- Old Age
- Liver or Kidney Disease
How to Prevent It
Dryness can be reduced by taking the following measures-
- Use of Moisturizers that contains urea and lactic acid
- Avoid dry air
- Avoid very hot water. Instead, use lukewarm water for showering or washing head
- Avoid direct contact with detergents which has dyes and perfumes.
- Always wear clothes which are made of natural material like cotton, silk etc
At Felix Hospital, we offer holistic care to our patients and it is one of best skin care centre in Noida, for all your skin treatment.