Knee pain/Osteroartiritius is quite a common problem nowadays as you grow old.
As per the statistics data, 90 percent of people in India get damaged knee joints by 60-65 years.
And in Indian females, the average age for the onset of knee problems is 50 years.
Your knees take a lot of burden and pressure with every step. Due to this, the muscles and ligaments get weaker. The knee shock absorber called menisci starts to deteriorate. So when this shock absorber (called cartilage) is gone, the bones get rubbed against each other, which results in pain, stiffness, and swelling. This further leads to knee surgeries.
So can you do something to avoid it or at least delay this surgical procedure like knee replacement etc.?
The answer is yes.
Follow these 9 Tips to keep your knees healthy and young.
- Stay in motion – That's a golden rule. Staying in motion will reduce stiffness in the joints.
- Lose some weight – If you are overweight, it simply puts more pressure on your knees. It is important that you maintain weight as per your BMI range.
- Focus on doing low-impact exercise, especially for knee joints, like walking, cycling swimming.
- Know your limits – Do not push yourself too hard. You should not overdo it. Sometimes it may hurt, but if the pain does not go away within 48 hours, that means you have overdone it.
- Do not exercise when in pain – It will further aggravate your pain or lead to physical injury or damage it.
- Include vitamin d and calcium in your diet. Dairy products are best for calcium. You can include green leafy vegetables like broccoli and kale.
- If you are a non-vegetarian, you can include fish in your diet. It has omega 3 fatty acid, the best source to keep knee joints healthy.
- You can take some supplements from over-the-counter to keep your knees healthy. Please take the doctor's advice on the dosage before buying them.
- If there is any swelling, put in some cold pads. You can also apply ice wrapped in a towel.
By following these 9 tips, your knees would thank you.
It is always better to be more cautious.
Consult an orthopedic specialist at Felix Hospital for problems related to bones, joints, tendons, ligaments, and muscles.
Call Now at +91 9667064100 or email us at email@example.com.
Book Your Appointment here: https://www.felixhospital.com/contact